Shawque Said - Research Director/Founder
Shawque Said graduated from the National University of Singapore School of Business in 1994 and is also a member of the UK-based Market Research Society.
He has been working in the Food & Beverage Industry in Asia for more than 20 years accumulating valuable experiences working in publications, research agencies as well as multinational food companies. The following are his valuable credentials and contributions to the industry:
- Founder of Asia Food & Beverages Report (AFBR), which is now one of the Top 3 regional F&B publications in ASEAN. AFBR is an offshoot from both BeverASIA and FoodASIA.
- Compile Asian Grocery Retail Directory in 2001 and 2003
- Compile ABEM™(Asian Beverage Markets Report) for Consumer Goods Intelligence in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006
- Research Director for BeverASIA, Asia's one and only beverage journal from 2000 to 2010
- Editor of FoodASIA, a monthly report on the Food Industry in Asia
- Compile Grocery Retail Asia report for FCA Publishing (Food Chain Asia)
- Compile Grocery Retail, Manufacturing & Investment Factbook for FCA Publishing
- Produce 6 Country F&B Reports for Asia Pacific Food Industry Publication (now Eastern Publishing)
- Solely responsible for the compilation of the Buyers’ Guide during his tenure as Senior Research Analyst with Asia Pacific Food Industry publication. He was also the analyst/writer for the Asia Pacific Food Industry Publication
Shawque has also personally handled research projects commissioned by multinationals like Suntory, Carrefour, Macquarie Bank, Danfoss Industries, Fujitsu and TetraPak amongst others. He had also done projects for medium sized companies like AB Food & Beverages (Thailand) and PURAC Asia Pacific (Singapore) now known as PURAC Corbion.
Shawque had very good regional exposure in market research during his tenure with Oetker International, a German food conglomerate, as its Regional Research Manager in 1998 to 2000.
He has also established direct working relationship with Research Agencies like Nielsen, Datamonitor, Euromonitor, Mintel and Taylor Nelson Sofres etc in the ASEAN region. He was also widely travelled having visited many ASEAN countries and made direct contacts with local food and beverage companies, apart from participating in more than a dozen regional trade events annually.
Not to mention, Shawque has also worked together with conference organisers to promote major conferences for the F&B industry like Asia AsepticPak 2005/2006, China Beverage Markets Conference 2005, Beverage Markets Asia/China 2005, Ingredients Workshop (eg. Sensory Evaluation Seminar 2005) just to name a few. Recent conferences that the company has participated as a supporting media partner include Asia Pacific Agri Food Innovation Summit, 6th Dairy Asia Pacific Summit and Sustainable Foods Summit.