THAILAND Choose Safe “Ready to Eat Food” from Thailand May 2021
Offering Trusted Quality with Manufacturing Process for the New Normal
Consumers nowadays have a busy lifestyle and they seek 'convenience' in food purchasing and preparations. “Ready to Eat Food” (RTE Food) is a convenient and easy option for those who do not have time to cook. Yet, with the ongoing spread of COVID-19, consumers have become increasingly concerned over their health, safety and well-being. As a consequence, they become increasingly cautious especially when purchasing RTE Food as they look carefully for products manufactured with high safety standard and quality control system that they can trust.
Thailand is the world’s leading exporter of food products, ranging from ingredients, vegetable, fruits, processed food and RTE Food with the high technology manufacturing practices that meet global standards and are widely accepted among global trade partners. In response to the existing concerns over the pandemic, Thailand is among the first countries that strictly impose COVID-19 Prevention Best Practice in food production to ensure that food manufacturers, exporters, business operators and ingredient suppliers follow the same safety standard guidelines as follows:
1. Reduce the risk of contamination from ingredients and containers.
Business operators and suppliers in ingredients shipping must control access to the premises, screen and manage employee data as well as data on freight vehicles, and ensure surface cleaning the freight vehicles after each use, while employees need to wear a mask at all times to prevent contamination.
2. Strict production control
Manufacturers must implement quality and safety controls throughout the production line, from receiving ingredients, storing in cold storage room, processing and packing in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP). In addition, employees must keep personal hygiene at all times.
3. Control Personal Hygiene and Work Environment at Manufacturing Site
- Location and Manufacturing Site: The entrance and exit must be controlled while the manufacturing building site, meeting room, cafeteria and changing room should be properly managed.
- Sanitation: the personal hygiene equipment must be readily available at the work station including a hand washing sink, liquid soap, disinfectant, disposable paper towels and auto lid pedal waste bins, with clear instructions provided.
- Cleaning: Strictly clean and disinfect the machinery, manufacturing buildings, floors, walls, as well as common areas which are prone to contact such as door knobs, handrails, elevator buttons, chairs, dining tables, etc., in an appropriate time interval.
- Personal Hygiene of Workers: Workers must be screened daily before entering the building, collecting information to trace back and must wear a mask at all times. They are also required to wear gloves, wash hands, maintain social distancing and prevent any contamination during operation.
- Training: Employees are trained to protect themselves from COVID-19 including temperature checking, wearing a mask, social distancing, cleaning and disinfecting, as well as reducing congestion, in order to ensure that their workplace is COVID-19 secure.
THAILAND is a major exporter of ready-to-eat food (RTE Food) with the trusted quality and safety from the New Normal manufacturing practices to consumers worldwide. Thailand also offers a wide variety of other food products with COVID-19 safe food procedures, including fresh fruits and vegetables, beverages, processed food, snacks, halal food and healthy food that consumers can purchase conveniently in response to their New Normal lifestyle.
SHARE WITH FRIENDS: